In Afterlife, National Medal of Arts winner Julia Alvarez’s first adult novel in nearly fifteen years, character Antonia Vega’s life just got a lot more complicated. She expected her retirement from teaching college-level English to bring peace, quiet, and plenty of time to read. Instead, her husband has unexpectedly passed away, her sister has vanished, and a pregnant teenager has appeared at her door. Join us for a conversation with Julia about Afterlife, a book which is in part about managing when just about everything goes wrong.
- Moderator: Liliana Valenzuela
- Format: This is a free, live, virtual event.
- Q&A: Please direct questions to the authors and moderator with CrowdCast’s “Ask a Question” button and not the chat box. Questions will be shared with the moderator, and the moderator will attempt to get to as many audience questions as possible toward the end of the session.
- Chat: Feel free to use the chat box to share your thoughts and virtually cheer for and share kudos with the session’s participants! Disorderly comments will be removed immediately. Please refer to the code of conduct.
- Books: Purchase Afterlife from BookPeople here.