Festival Activities for Kids:
Join us for a morning filled with kids’ storytimes!
Storytimes are hosted at the Columbia Sportswear Company Stage at the Oregon Historical Society, from 9:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m. View a schedule of storytimes here.
- Green Bean Books will sell all kids’ titles in the room at the Oregon Historical Society.
- Each author will sign copies of their books following their storytime.
- Musician Emily Arrow will host storytimes and lead singalongs!
Picture Book Panels
In addition to storytimes, we’ll host panels of picture book authors in the Crumpacker Library in the Portland Art Museum’s Mark Building, from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. View a schedule of Picture Book panels here.
On Oregon Historical Society’s pavilion, outside the Columbia Sportswear Company Stage, family-friendly activities will include:
- Guatemalan bean bracelet making, hosted by Child Aid
- Coloring from Chronicle Books
- Where’s Waldo?
- Participate in the Where’s Waldo scavenger hunt, hosted by Candlewick Press! The scavenger hunt checklist entry forms can be picked up in the tent on the pavilion, and there will be several large Waldo cut-outs scattered throughout the Festival grounds for children to find as well as a real-life Waldo making several appearances, popping in and out of venues. All participants get a sticker when they finish and will have their names entered to win a Waldo deluxe prize pack. Two lucky kiddos will win prize packs, and there will also be Where’s Waldo books available for purchase.
- Other family fun!
- Plus! Entry to the Oregon Historical Society exhibits are included in your Festival pass (Free for youth!)
See your favorite authors up close! Select picture book authors will have pop-up readings in the Portland Art Museum galleries. View a schedule of pop-up readings here.
Books & Gifts
Lots of fantastic exhibitors are selling kids’ books and gifts in the Book Fair!
Kids’-specific exhibitors can be found in the Fields Ballroom (on the first floor of the Portland Art Museum’s Mark Building)