Festival Activities for Kids:
Join us for a morning filled with kids’ storytimes!
Storytimes are hosted at the Tim & Mary Boyle Stage at the Oregon Historical Society, from 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. View a schedule of storytimes here. (Schedule subject to change without notice.)
- Green Bean Books will sell all kids’ titles in the room at the Oregon Historical Society.
- Authors will sign copies of their books following their storytime.
- Musician Emily Arrow will host storytimes and lead singalongs!
Picture Book Panels
In addition to storytimes, we’ll host panels of picture book authors throughout the day on the Josie G. Mendoza and Hugh Mackworth Stage in the Portland Parks Foundation Tent. View a schedule of Picture Book panels here.
On Oregon Historical Society’s pavilion, outside the Tim & Mary Boyle Stage, family-friendly activities will include:
- Crafts with local artist and autthor, Addie Boswell
- Crafts and Activities with the Portland Early Learning Project
- Origami crafts with Yuki Origami
- Where’s Waldo?
- Participate in the Where’s Waldo scavenger hunt, hosted by Candlewick Press! The scavenger hunt checklist entry forms can be picked up in the tent on the pavilion, and there will be several large Waldo cut-outs scattered throughout the Festival grounds for children to find as well as a real-life Waldo making several appearances, popping in and out of venues. All participants get a sticker when they finish and will have their names entered to win a Waldo deluxe prize pack. Two lucky kiddos will win prize packs, and there will also be Where’s Waldo books available for purchase.
- And other family fun!
- Entry to the Portland Art Museum and the the Oregon Historical Society exhibits are included with your Festival pass (Free for youth!)
See your favorite authors up close! Select picture book authors will have pop-up readings in the Portland Art Museum galleries. View a schedule of pop-up readings here.
Books & Gifts
Lots of fantastic exhibitors are selling kids’ books and gifts in the Book Fair!
Hungry? Check out our many food trucks that can be found parked on the SW Park Avenue!