Thank you for volunteering for Portland Book Festival (formerly Wordstock) taking place Saturday, November 10, 2018!
As a volunteer, you are a vital part to Portland Book Festival’s success. This site provides all your pre-Festival prep, and links for quick access to information the day of the Festival. Be sure to bookmark it so you can access it quickly at the Festival!
- Become familiar with the festival map, so you know how to direct people
- Review your volunteer role description and check list
- Know the chain of communication: Monitors to Managers, Managers to Volunteer Specialist
- Be aware of ticket types and cost
- Peruse the authors, their books, and their presentations by viewing the Festival schedule
As updates come in, I will add materials to the Portland Book Festival Volunteer Page as this year’s events become finalized, and I will be in contact with you through e-mail all along the way.
I will say it time and time again, and it will never be enough: Thank you, THANK you, THANK YOU! As a volunteer for Portland Book Festival you are a part of a large and growing community that supports literature and its future. You are past presenters. You are students, community leaders, and retirees. You are teachers, servers, and construction workers. You are readers and writers.
You are Portland’s literary community!
We couldn’t do it without you!!
If you have any questions about volunteering for Portland Book Festival, do not hesitate to reach me at email@example.com.
Thanks for all you do!