Thank you for volunteering for Portland Book Festival (formerly Wordstock), taking place Saturday, November 11, 2017!
Your role as a volunteer is vital to Portland Book Festival’s success. This site provides everything you need to prepare, while providing you links for quick access to information the day of the festival if an attendee asks you a question you don’t know. Be sure to bookmark it so you can access it quickly at the festival!
- Become familiar with the festival map, so you know how to direct people
- Review your volunteer role description and check list
- Know who to contact with questions by exploring the communication chain of command
- Be aware of ticket types and cost
- Peruse the authors, their books, and their presentations viewing the Festival schedule
I will say it time and time again, and it will never be enough: Thank you, THANK you, THANK YOU! As a volunteer for Portland Book Festival you are a part of a large and growing community that supports literature and its future. You are past presenters. You are students, community leaders, and retirees. You are teachers, servers, and construction workers. You are readers and writers.
You are Portland’s literary community!
We couldn’t do it without you!!
If you have any questions about volunteering for Portland Book Festival, do not hesitate to reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 503.227.2583, ext. 111.
Thanks for all you do!
Information can also be reached at the 2017 Festival Volunteer Dropbox folder.