The 2018 Portland Book Festival, presented by Bank of America, featured more than 150 presenters in over 40 onstage events, including 60 pop-up readings.
Click here to view the 2018 Festival guide in full view.
Events by genre:
- All kids events
- Young Adult (YA)
- Oregon authors
- New York Times
- Pop-up readings
Events by location/stage:
- Portland Art Museum
- First Congregational United Church of Christ
- Oregon Historical Society (Children’s Stage)
- The Old Church (YA Stage)
BOOK SIGNING AND POLICIES
Authors will sign books immediately following their on-stage event (unless otherwise noted). Books must be purchased from a festival bookstore in order to be signed, with the exception of one pre-owned book per author.
The festival is delighted to feature satellite bookstore at all festival venues, where attendees can purchase a book and get it signed on site. Unless otherwise noted, authors will sign books immediately following the end of their event.
ON-SITE SALES AND SIGNING
- The Old Church (YA stage): Powell’s
- Oregon Historical Society (children’s stage): Green Bean Bookstore
- First Congregational United Church of Christ: Powell’s
- Portland’5 Winningstad Theatre and Brunish Theatre: Broadway Books
- There are no public signings for events at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall; books for those authors are for sale at the Powell’s store in the PAM Kridel book fair
- Portland Art Museum Mark Building: Powell’s (Kridel, third floor)
- Whitsell Auditorium at the Portland Art Museum (Main Building: Annie Bloom’s
Remember: your $5 voucher is good at any vendor at the book fair!
All books purchased at Portland Book Festival, through the Powell’s, Broadway Books, Green Bean, or Annie Bloom’s bookstores, or at any of the book fair vendors support the authors and publishers who travel from near and far to share their work at the festival and the booksellers and vendors who invest time and expense to be at the book fair. Literary Arts asks attendees to respect and follow this policy. Please buy early and often and know you are supporting the sustainability of Portland Book Festival.
Book dealers are NOT allowed to bring books into the book signing area. Dealers with rolling carts and/or wagons are not allowed on the festival grounds.