November 9, 2019 | Portland Art Museum
NOTE: The 2019 Exhibitor Fair is now full. If you would like to be added to our waitlist for 2019, please complete the fillable application form at the bottom of this page.
Reach thousands of engaged book lovers at the one-day festival book fair.
The Portland Book Festival (formerly Wordstock) on Saturday, November 9, 2019 offers exhibitors the opportunity to reach thousands—8,500 people attended the 2018 festival—of book lovers who are ready to buy their products or learn about their services. The 2019 festival will take place at the Portland Art Museum (PAM) (1219 SW Park Avenue, Portland, OR) and neighboring venues on the South Park Blocks. The festival will be an intergenerational celebration of literature and the written word, a day of author readings and discussions, writing workshops, a book fair, local food carts, and more.
The Portland Book Festival book fair and exhibition will once again be held in the Kridel Grand Ballroom and the Fields Ballroom at PAM. Both ballrooms are indoors and are fully ADA accessible. Book fair hours will be from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and an exhibitor’s booth must remain in operation throughout those hours; booths may not open late or close early.
The Portland Book Festival is a cornucopia full of the most nourishing cultural harvest in the Pacific Northwest. It’s our honor to support an event that brings attention to the vital voices within and outside of the zeitgeist. Top-notch people, a superb venue, some astounding literary theatrics, and, boy, what a city.
Please read the entire Exhibitor Application and Agreement form before applying to exhibit (online application available below).
NEW FOR 2019! We will be handling exhibitor applications a little differently this year! Due to increased interest in our exhibitor space over the past few years, we will now require all exhibitors to first send in an application to be reviewed by a selection committee, who will then accept applicants on a rolling basis. Upon acceptance, applicants will be provided with the payment link or instructions to send a check. We do not accept cash as form of payment.
Exhibitor Booth Options:
Exhibitor Booth Options:
Full table $560
Shared table $680*
Endcap Booth $2,500**
*Shared table price of $680 is for the whole table; therefore, split 50/50 a shared table would cost $340 per exhibitor. No more than two exhibitors may share a table. The festival will accept only one application per table. That application must designate the organization with which the applicant is sharing the table and assume full payment for the table. Note: Shared tables are priced to accommodate additional festival overhead and administrative costs required to host multiple exhibitors at a single booth, such as Wi-Fi, electricity, festival passes, signage, etc.
**If you are interested in the opportunity to occupy an ENDCAP BOOTH—a 12′ x 10′ space, twice as large as a typical booth, and with premium placement and additional recognition—please contact Literary Arts’ Public Programs Coordinator, Liz Olufson: firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-227-2583 x113.
Standard registration includes:
- 6′ x 10′ site inside PAM
- One 8′ table per site
- Two chairs per site
- Identification signage*
- Password-protected Wi-Fi network for vendors only
- Access to electricity
- Exhibitor listing in event program*
- Exhibitor listing on event website*
- Two festival passes*
*For shared tables, each organization will be listed individually in event program and on website, and each organization will receive an ID sign and two festival passes. Exhibitor festival passes will NOT include the $5 book voucher.
- Notification of acceptance and payment processed no later than AUGUST 2, 2019. Registrations are not considered complete unless a complete Exhibition Application form and full payment has been received.
- Registrations will be reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis and will close when the book fair reaches capacity; we have sold out consistently and expect to do so again; we encourage vendors to submit your application as soon as possible.
- Register after AUGUST 2, 2019 and a $100 late fee will be added to your total.
- Cancellation: Exhibitors will receive a 50% refund only if written notice of cancellation is received by Literary Arts on or before AUGUST 2, 2019. Cancellation notices received after August 2 will not receive any refund.
- No registrations will be accepted after OCTOBER 1, 2019.
- Applications are processed on a rolling basis. Literary Arts’ acceptance of your application does not guarantee your booth location. Placement of exhibitors is determined by festival organizers and will be shared by OCTOBER 11, 2019.
- Exhibitors will receive information about shipping, booth add-on options, and more from our exhibition partner. Load-in information will be finalized in the FALL OF 2019.
- Exhibitors will receive specific instructions regarding unloading, registration, and setting up of their booth no later than two weeks prior to the event. Load-in will be available FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2019 from approximately 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (to be confirmed), and load-out will be available SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2019 immediately following the close of the festival from approximately 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (to be confirmed). All materials must be loaded in and loaded out during the specified hours.
The Portland Book Festival gets better every year. The move into the Portland Art Museum and the surrounding buildings has been a wonderful shift. It feels very welcoming, even enticing!
The crowds are large, but well organized. The wild mix of book sellers, authors and illustrators, and bibliophiles creates a huge Book Party for all ages. I wouldn’t miss it!
— Jennifer Butler-Brown, thebarefootbookshelf.com
- Shared tables must submit ONE application with full payment.
- When registration fills (we sold out every year so far), we will maintain a wait list. In the case of cancellation, we will release booths at our discretion.
- Literary Arts reserves the right to refuse participation in the festival to any applicant for any or no reason.
- Literary Arts anticipates most exhibitors will be non-profit organizations or independent publishers, given our guidelines. Therefore, we are not offering a specific non-profit rate.
- Booth locations will be assigned at the sole discretion of Literary Arts. Please be advised that booth space is limited to approximately 80 booths in the two ballrooms and sells out quickly.
- Attendee festival tickets will include a $5 book voucher for use at the book fair on Saturday, November 9, 2019 only. One voucher per customer; vouchers are non-transferrable and may not be combined. All exhibitors must accept vouchers as payment at the festival. Exhibitors will submit collected vouchers to Literary Arts at the end of the festival day and Literary Arts will reimburse exhibitors promptly.
- To exhibit at the festival, exhibitors must sell books or book-related materials or represent a literary program. Book-related materials could include, for example, journals, eyeglasses, apparel, or other items that would appeal to readers and book lovers. If you are not sure if your organization is eligible, please don’t hesitate to email us to ask.
- Please read the entire submission form and guidelines before applying to exhibit.
- See 2019 Portland Book Festival Exhibitor Application and Agreement. By applying you are agreeing to the terms outlined within.
Questions? Email email@example.com.