November 10 | Portland Art Museum
The 2018 Portland Book Festival exhibitor fair is now full. If you would like to be added to the notification list for exhibiting in 2019, please email email@example.com.
Portland Book Festival (formerly Wordstock) on Saturday, November 10, 2018 offers exhibitors the opportunity to reach thousands—more than 10,000 people attended the 2017 festival—of book lovers who are ready to buy their products or learn about their services. The 2018 festival will take place at the Portland Art Museum (PAM) (1219 SW Park Avenue, Portland, OR) and neighboring venues on the South Park Blocks. The festival will be an intergenerational celebration of literature and the written word, a day of author readings and discussions, writing workshops, a book fair, local food carts, and more.
The Portland Book Festival book fair and exhibition will once again be held in the Kridel Grand Ballroom and the Fields Ballroom at PAM. Both ballrooms are indoors and are fully ADA accessible. Book fair hours will be from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and an exhibitor’s booth must remain in operation throughout those hours; booths may not open late or close early.
Please read the entire submission form and guidelines before applying to exhibit. (Note: the 2018 exhibitor fair is now full.)
Wordstock is a pleasure. Between the quality of the programming and the ease of organization, it’s the smoothest and most reliably successful book festival around.
—Caroline Casey, Coffee House Press
Exhibitor Booth Options:
Exhibitor Booth Options:
Full table $550
Shared table $670*
*Shared table price of $670 is for the whole table, for both exhibitors; therefore, split 50/50 a shared table would cost $335 per exhibitor. No more than two exhibitors may share a table. The festival will accept only one application per table. That application must designate the organization with which the applicant is sharing the table and assume full payment for the table. Note: Shared tables are priced to accommodate additional festival overhead and administrative costs required to host multiple exhibitors at a single booth, such as Wi-Fi, electricity, festival passes, signage, etc.
If you are interested in the opportunity to occupy an endcap booth—a 12′ x 10′ space, twice as large as a typical booth, and with premium placement and additional recognition—please contact Literary Arts’ development manager, Chelsea Querner: firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-227-2583 x118. Sponsorships including an endcap booth start at $2,500.
Standard registration includes:
- 6′ x 10′ site inside PAM
- One 8′ table per site
- Two chairs per site
- Identification signage*
- Password-protected Wi-Fi network for vendors only
- Access to electricity
- Exhibitor listing in event program*
- Exhibitor listing on event website*
- Two festival passes*
*For shared tables, each organization will be listed individually in event program and on website, and each organization will receive an ID sign and two festival passes. Exhibitor festival passes will NOT include the $5 book voucher.
- Notification of acceptance and payment processed no later than AUGUST 3, 2018. Full payment is due with your completed Exhibitor Application. Registrations are not considered complete unless a complete Exhibition Application form and full payment has been received.
- Registrations will be accepted on a rolling basis and will close when the book fair reaches capacity; we have sold out consistently and expect to do so again; we encourage vendors to submit your application as soon as possible.
- Register after AUGUST 3, 2018 and a $100 late fee will be added to your total.
- Cancellation: Exhibitors will receive a 50% refund only if written notice of cancellation is received by Literary Arts on or before AUGUST 3, 2018. Cancellation notices received after August 3 will not receive any refund.
- No registrations will be accepted after OCTOBER 1, 2018.
- Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Literary Arts’ acceptance of your application does not guarantee your booth location. Placement of exhibitors is determined by festival organizers and will be shared by OCTOBER 5, 2018.
- Exhibitors will receive information about shipping, booth add-on options, and more from our exhibition partner. Load-in information will be finalized in the FALL OF 2018.
- Exhibitors will receive specific instructions regarding unloading, registration, and setting up of their booth no later than two weeks prior to the event. Load-in will be available FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2018 from approximately 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (to be confirmed), and load-out will be available SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2018 immediately following the close of the festival from approximately 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (to be confirmed). All materials must be loaded in and loaded out during the specified hours.
We traveled all the way from the other side of the country to attend this event, and I’m so glad we did. The book fair attendees were energized, engaged, and eager to learn about our program. The superb organizers and helpful volunteers make exhibiting at this festival stress-free. This is a friendly and inspired festival in a warm and welcoming space.
—Mountainview Low-Residency MFA at Southern New Hampshire University
- Shared tables must submit ONE application with full payment.
- When registration fills (we sold out every year so far), we will maintain a wait list. In the case of cancellation, we will release booths at our discretion.
- Literary Arts reserves the right to refuse participation in the festival to any applicant for any or no reason.
- Literary Arts anticipates most exhibitors will be non-profit organizations or independent publishers, given our guidelines. Therefore, we are not offering a specific non-profit rate.
- Booth locations will be assigned at the sole discretion of Literary Arts. Please be advised that booth space is limited to approximately 80 booths in the two ballrooms and sells out quickly. Exhibitors are encouraged to submit their application with payment as soon as possible.
- Attendee festival tickets will include a $5 book voucher for use at the book fair on Saturday, November 10, 2018 only. One voucher per customer; vouchers are non-transferrable and may not be combined. All exhibitors must accept vouchers as payment at the festival. Exhibitors will submit collected vouchers to Literary Arts at the end of the festival day and Literary Arts will reimburse exhibitors promptly.
- To exhibit at the festival, exhibitors must sell books or book-related materials or represent a literary program. Book-related materials could include, for example, journals, eyeglasses, apparel, or other items that would appeal to readers and book lovers. If you are not sure if your organization is eligible, please don’t hesitate to email us to ask.
- Please read the entire submission form and guidelines before applying to exhibit.
- See 2018 Portland Book Festival Exhibitor Application and Agreement. By applying and submitting payment you are agreeing to the terms outlined within.
Questions? Email email@example.com.