Supporting Literary Arts for Generations to Come
We know you care about the rich culture that makes Oregon such a thriving place to live and work. And you know that your regular gifts to Literary Arts are a vital part of supporting and growing the literary culture that we all love.
Now there is a way you can assure that your generosity will continue to support authors, students, and our community for generations to come. Legacy or planned gifts through your estate assure Literary Arts will continue to serve our community for decades.
Leave a legacy. To learn more about how to help us build a community around literature for ALL Oregonians, please review the following ways to make a meaningful charitable gift through your estate. Or, call Literary Arts’ Deputy Director, Lydah DeBin, at 503-227-2583, x 106.
Make a Bequest Gift
A bequest through your will is one of the simplest, most widely used, and flexible ways to make a planned gift. You pay nothing now but make a real difference in the lives of others. If you have already made provisions for Literary Arts in your estate plans, download our Estate Giving Confirmation form. We would appreciate the opportunity to thank you now for the difference your gift will make for years to come.
The following language can be used to make an estate gift to Literary Arts:
- Unrestricted Gift:“I give (a specific asset; or $__ dollars; or __ percent of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate) to Literary Arts, Portland, Oregon, for its general purposes.”
Important Information for Your Attorney/Advisor
- Legal Name: Literary Arts
Tax ID# 93-0909494—an Oregon nonprofit corporation
Physical and Mailing Address: 925 SW Washington, Portland, OR 97205
* The purpose of this information is for general knowledge and is not meant to be legal advice. Tax deductions vary based on applicable federal laws. It is recommended that you consult your attorney when preparing your bequest/will.
You can designate Literary Arts as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy. Contact your advisor to make arrangements.
Retirement Plans/IRA Gifts
Whether you have an Individual Retirement Account (IRA) or a company retirement plan (or a combination), you can choose a charity like Literary Arts as the final beneficiary of any remaining funds which you or your loved ones do not use. Or you can designate all (or a percentage) of your retirement fund account to benefit one or more charities without losing any income during your lifetime.
Advantages for Donors
- The donor retains all income rights and benefits of the fund assets for his/her lifetime—nothing is transferred prior to the donor’s death. The property passes on to your designated beneficiaries upon death.
- Gifts bypass income tax that would otherwise be assessed to heirs at death.
- Possible estate tax savings.
Contact your fund administrator for more information and to request a change of beneficiary form.
Do you have questions or want to discuss other ways you can give? Please give us a call! We would welcome the opportunity to meet with you and your advisors to help you decide on the type of gift that works best for you, your family, and Literary Arts. Contact Literary Arts’ Deputy Director, Lydah DeBin, at 503-227-2583, x 106.