Limited Patron tickets are available, and we invite you to join us at the inaugural Bookmark Ball: Wordstock Opening Night Party featuring National Book Award Winner and Jazz musician James McBride and the Good Lord Bird Band. Join us for this evening of music, food and drink and celebrate the relaunch of the Festival!
The Bookmark Ball is a new event to welcome authors and exhibitors to Wordstock, and to celebrate our community partners, funders and donors. It will be an opportunity to meet participating, writers, publishers, members of the media, and other industry professionals. The Bookmark Ball will raise funds to ensure that Wordstock is sustainable in the future.
You’ll also have a chance to participate in our raffle to win a single and amazing item to be announced! Raffle tickets will be sold for $50 each.
*There will be no wait-list tickets available once tickets have sold out. Thank you for your interest and we hope you attend the Festival!
When: Friday, November 6, 2015 from 6:00 p.m. –10:00 p.m.
Time: Doors open at 6:00pm. James McBride and The Good Lord Bird Band perform at 7:30 p.m.
Where: Portland Art Museum, Fields Ballroom (1219 SW Park Avenue, Portland, OR)
Your Patron ticket includes:
- One Wordstock tote bag, including a complimentary hardcover copy of John Irving’s new Avenue of Mysteries, the 2015 WITS Anthology (to be released during the Festival on November 7), a 2015-2016 Portland Arts & Lectures Season book, Catapult’s lead novel Mrs. Engels by Gavin McCrea (only for the first 50 ticket buyers!), the latest issue of Tin House magazine, a set of limited edition Wordstock Scout Books, and additional Wordstock goodies
- One ticket to the Wordstock Festival on Saturday, November 7, 2015 including a $5 book voucher (in your tote bag)
- Name recognition in Opening Night Program marketing materials (including online name recognition)
- Two complimentary drink tickets (additional beverages will be available for purchase)
- $50 tax-deductible contribution to Literary Arts as part of your ticket
Many thanks to our Bookmark Ball Sponsors and Supporters
In kind support provided by