Portland Book Festival Cover to Cover
Portland Book Festival is proud to welcome you to our new partner event program, PBF Cover to Cover!
Grab a friend, and make space on your bookshelf for the first ever PBF Cover to Cover, taking place in bookstores, coffee shops, restaurants, venues, parks, and more spaces throughout Portland.
Submissions are now closed.
What kind of events will be part of PBF Cover to Cover? We are looking for an eclectic mix of fun and engaging programs across the city. While events fall “under the umbrella” of PBF and should have a literary or storytelling connection, they don’t need to be explicitly book readings. Multi-author readings will be considered, but as PBF already features authors in conversation, think of this as an invitation to go outside the possibilities of a traditional reading. Become the author of your own PBF Cover to Cover event featuring your presenters, in the venue you bring, and with support from PBF.
Literary trivia, poem karaoke, a fiction reading with musical accompaniment—submit your unique chapter into the inaugural PBF Cover to Cover program! We commit ourselves programmatically to support more writers of color and highlight their stories; BIPOC partners and presenters are especially encouraged to submit. We are particularly excited about “co-authored” events: collaborate with other journals, presses, organizations, businesses, etc., and get creative! Please submit only one proposal per event.
- PBF Cover to Cover events will run Tuesday, November 1 to Sunday, November 6, 2022.
- All 2022 festival programming and partner events are planned to be held completely in person.
- PBF Cover to Cover proposals closed on August 31. Proposals will be accepted on a rolling basis; please submit your event early for best consideration.
- Proposals will be approved, and primary contacts notified, by September 9th.
- Priority will be given to free programming, although ticketed events will be considered.
- We do not permit, and will not approve, PBF Cover to Cover events that are fundraisers or that ask for donations.
- Event submissions for the following dates and times will not be considered:
- Nov. 4. 6–8 p.m.: PBF book fair preview–no events
- Nov. 5: Portland Book Festival day–no events until after 6 p.m.
- We will advertise/market accepted events as an official part of PBF on social media and on our website.
- In addition, all events will be required to feature provided PBF and/or PBF Cover to Cover logos or marks on all promotional and marketing platforms, share information and how to attend with their audience, and distribute/display other possible PBF communications (posters, PBF Cover to Cover materials, etc.).
- Once your proposal is approved, PBF Cover to Cover Partners will be required to read and agree to our Terms and Conditions.
Thank you for your interest in PBF Cover to Cover! A copy of your responses and a decision on your proposal will be delivered via email. For questions, please refer to the PBF FAQ first, then contact firstname.lastname@example.org.