On March 15 we held a virtual reading with the five finalists for this year’s Sarah Winnemucca Award for Creative Nonfiction.
The category judges were Melissa Febos, John Freeman, and Marie Mutsuki Mockett. The winner will be announced at the 2022 Oregon Book Awards Ceremony on April 25.
- David Biespiel of Portland, A Place of Exodus: Home, Memory, and Texas (Kelson Books)
- Allison Cobb of Portland, Plastic: An Autobiography (Nightboat Books)
- Mary Emerick of Joseph, The Last Layer of the Ocean: Kayaking through Love and Loss on Alaska’s Wild Coast (Oregon State University Press)
- Aaron Gilbreath of Portland, The Heart of California: Exploring the San Joaquin Valley (Bison Books, University of Nebraska Press)
- Tina Ontiveros of Hood River, rough house: a memoir (Oregon State University Press)
Watch the reading below:
This program is supported in part by:
In order to thrive, this program needs your support! To become a sponsor today, please contact Lydah DeBin at email@example.com or 503-989-7110.