On March 29 we held a virtual reading with the five finalists for this year’s Frances Fuller Victor Award for General Nonfiction.
The category judges were Paula Becker, Elizabeth Rush, Julie Tate-Libby. The winner will be announced at the 2022 Oregon Book Awards Ceremony on April 25.
- Bryna Goodman of Eugene, The Suicide of Miss Xi: Democracy and Disenchantment in the Chinese Republic (Harvard University Press)
- Jacob Darwin Hamblin of Corvallis, The Wretched Atom: America’s Global Gamble with Peaceful Nuclear Technology (Oxford University Press)
- Annelise Heinz of Portland, Mahjong: A Chinese Game and the Making of Modern American Culture (Oxford University Press)
- Kenneth I. Helphand of Eugene, Hops: Historic Photographs of the Oregon Hopscape (Oregon State University Press)
- Kathleen Dean Moore of Corvallis, Earth’s Wild Music: Celebrating and Defending the Songs of the Natural World (Counterpoint Press)
Watch the reading below:
This program is supported in part by:
In order to thrive, this program needs your support! To become a sponsor today, please contact Lydah DeBin at email@example.com or 503-989-7110.